Ruddock links unions and refugees

ben benj at connexus.net.au
Thu Jun 6 19:28:10 PDT 2002

Well, this propaganda from our Australian Minister for Racism is so blatant I think it might be a good thing. It's good to see him linking the issue to unions - it helps us on the left to link unions to the refugee campaign. Maybe make people think about the treatment of the unemployed too if we're lucky. I've had a shit of a week with the unemployment office... For overseas recipients -- the CFMEU (Construction workers union) is currently under massive attack by the government.

Ben Courtice http://home.connexus.net.au/~benj

--------------------------------------- Subject: [RAC] RAC, Ruddock and workers