mass transit (sic)

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sat Jun 8 12:36:34 PDT 2002

Max writes:

> Inconvenience aside, there is still a case
> for some charge to riders. If I take the
> subway and you stay home, I benefit a bit
> more and create a cost a bit more than you.

I'm against all this tax-masquearading-as-user-fee biz.

I don't drive much, but I do buy fresh produce that was trucked in. I should pay for highways and bridges. Similarly, I don't live near a bus stop, but I should be happy to pay for people who do live near them to use them. Usually the cost to collect, count, bank, & secure fares isn't worth it, especially when you factor in the time it adds to the trip.

/jordan