mass transit (sic)

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Sat Jun 8 13:32:34 PDT 2002

Thought you were some kind of Austrian dude.

W/user fees the trucking company would pay its own costs and pass them forward to you thru the retailer etc.

As for bus stops, on top of what everyone pays it still makes sense for the literal user to pay a bit more.

As mentioned, the cost to collect count etc will eventually be an anachronism, so that doesn't detract from the point.

mbs

I'm against all this tax-masquearading-as-user-fee biz.

I don't drive much, but I do buy fresh produce that was trucked in. I should pay for highways and bridges. Similarly, I don't live near a bus stop, but I should be happy to pay for people who do live near them to use them. Usually the cost to collect, count, bank, & secure fares isn't worth it, especially when you factor in the time it adds to the trip.

/jordan