WHITEWASH CONSPIRACY

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Jun 8 13:24:34 PDT 2002

When I abbreviate I always assume everyone knows what I mean. CFR is the Council on Foreign Relations that published the august journal, Foreign Affairs. (Well worth reading their book reviews, btw, they don't ignore academic leftists and give a respectful hearing to such as Michael Klare who they published recently from his book on Resource Wars. (Wish I still had my copy of his early 70's book, "Wars Without End: American Planning For the Net Vietnams, " Random House/Vintage Books.)

Back to the CFR and the Lawrence Shoup and Willam Minter book. Full title, " Imperial Brain Trust: The CFR & US Foreign Policy, " Monthly Review Press, 1977. Blurbed by the Noamster on the back of the hardcover copy in front of me. Someone underlined the SFPL copy extensively everywhere that the Rockefellers are mentioned. And Thomas Lamont of the Morgan bankers. (Heh, almost typed, "Banksters, " a common far right term, see any copy of The American Free Press, the successor to The Spotlight. An anarchist loon, Lysander Zimmerman, on Macdonald Stainsby's list, Rad-Green, last night posted a 9-11 story from that rag...) On Rockefeller, btw, a book I just got for $3 by Gerald Colby and his wife Rockefeller, Christian fundamentalist Bible translators (Wycliffe Bible translators, see, "Fishers of Men, " by David Stoll, Zed Press, 1982), neo-fascist death squad regimes and US foreign policy during the Cold War looks real good. If Michael Perelman, who I know has read the book cares to synopsize?

Last note on this ramblin' post. A co-worker, long active in the War Resisters League (who was a roomate in college of Carl Davidson of SDS, see, "Revolution In the Air, " for Davidson in the 70's and the new communist movement) told me a funny story a few weeks ago. Nelson Rockefeller was a Baptist. Once he visited a John Birch Society American Opinion bookstore in the 60's. He took along a Jewish friend, Igal Roudenko (may be off on the spelling) from WRL. When the Bichers said that Rockefeller was Jewish they had a good laugh. Michael Pugliese, 33rd degree Mason. I swear!