Rhythm method

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Mon Jun 10 10:21:03 PDT 2002

At 11:44 AM 06/10/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Several thousand women in 14 countries currently use
>the Standard Days Method and CycleBeads. Plans to
>manufacture and distribute CycleBeads in numerous
>countries, including the United States, are currently
>underway. More information about the Standard Days
>Method and CycleBeads can be found at www.irh.org.

I've used the rhythm method (combined with a diaphragm on fertile days) for twenty years, and I've batted 100% (non-pregnancy). This is not because I am not fertile: when I wanted to have kids, I did.

However, I should mention one big caveat: they have done studies on male/female affinity and its effect on ovulation and they found that women's ovulatory cycles can be severely disrupted if they happen to be with a man that they are extremely pheromonically attracted to. In other words, if the underwear of the guy you happen to be sleeping with smells like a spring meadow to you, use your birth control method every day:)

Sorry I can't cite chapter and verse on the studies. I heard about it on a long talk show on public radio a few years ago.

Joanna