Rhythm method

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jun 10 11:40:36 PDT 2002

>At 11:44 AM 06/10/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>>Several thousand women in 14 countries currently use
>>the Standard Days Method and CycleBeads. Plans to
>>manufacture and distribute CycleBeads in numerous
>>countries, including the United States, are currently
>>underway. More information about the Standard Days
>>Method and CycleBeads can be found at www.irh.org.
>
>I've used the rhythm method (combined with a diaphragm on fertile
>days) for twenty years, and I've batted 100% (non-pregnancy). This
>is not because I am not fertile: when I wanted to have kids, I did.
>
>However, I should mention one big caveat: they have done studies on
>male/female affinity and its effect on ovulation and they found that
>women's ovulatory cycles can be severely disrupted if they happen to
>be with a man that they are extremely pheromonically attracted to.
>In other words, if the underwear of the guy you happen to be
>sleeping with smells like a spring meadow to you, use your birth
>control method every day:)
>
>Sorry I can't cite chapter and verse on the studies. I heard about
>it on a long talk show on public radio a few years ago.
>
>Joanna

I'd think that the most meritorious contraception is a combo of condoms and abortion (as a backup when condoms fail). Condoms are good because they serve to protect you from STDs, unlike the pill, diaphragm, the rhythm method, etc. Condoms don't have negative side-effects on women's bodies that the pill, Norplant, Depo-Provera, etc. may have either. -- Yoshie