"Accuracy In Media, " on WWP

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Mon Jun 10 18:23:14 PDT 2002

Doug Henwood wrote:

> michael pugliese wrote:
>
> > Just surfed over to http://www.FrontPageMagazine.com
> > See, the AIM staffer, "Fourth Estate...Fifth Column..." piece
> >there, fwiw.
>
> <http://www.aim.org/publications/aim_report/2002/08.html>
>
> "New York Times reporter Stephen Labaton appears to be unfamiliar
> with the tactics and strategies of Communists and their front
> organizations...." What decade was this report filed from?

"The Washington Post assigned 19 reporters to cover an April 20 pro-Palestinian demonstration in Washington, D.C. but none of them either discovered or reported a critical fact-that the main organizer of the event, Brian Becker, is a hard-core Marxist affiliated with the Workers World Party who had been in Havana, Cuba, in October 1997, getting instructions on how to conduct world revolution."

LOL! Where does AIM get off using "Accuracy" in their name?

Brian Becker and the WWP are pretty annoying, but even I wouldn't stoop so low as to suggest that Becker was the main organizer of A20. In fact, he was a peripheral player in the whole weekend.

I think that the Washington Post has improved its reputation in my eyes after reading this.

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)