"Accuracy In Media, " on WWP

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Mon Jun 10 18:29:01 PDT 2002

Another clarification:

"On Saturday, April 21, several hundred demonstrators broke away to attempt to disrupt the weekend meetings of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank. These were organized by the Mobilization for Global Justice, led by Robert Weissman."

Of course, the Mobilization for Global Justice is a leaderless group, so it is completely inaccurate to say that Rob leads MGJ or their protests.

That's pretty funny!

The AIM article also suggests that the AFL-CIO bankrolls the anti-globalization protests. Please! If only this were so! Most of the costs for the protests come out of our pockets!

That's the big problem in Washington. These progressive NGOs have all these resources and they are so fucking stingy when it comes to supporting the anti-globalization movement. Our local groups have a hell of a time finding places to meet. This problem would be solved if a few of these NGOs let us use their boardrooms.

If this is an example of the right wing's understanding of the Left, we can certainly sleep well at night.

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)