Posting whole articles (was Re: Abortion Training)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Jun 12 10:35:14 PDT 2002

>The archive maintainer, that being me, has already received a few nasty
>letters from people defending their copyright and recently one presumed
>nutbar claiming to represent AOL Time Warner's legal department. I can
>only assume that media conglomerates are going to get tougher in this area
>one day. I'd like LBO-Talk to survive it.
>
>Marco
>-----------
>
>It would be interesting to read those letters and complaints. Nice
>topic for a thread. Why not post the juicier ones?
>
>Chuck Grimes

Here's a hoax letter from a guy claiming to represent TIME, sent to the admin of utah.edu-supported listservs (I presume the same guy sent one to Marco).

***** Message-ID: <20020525155339.57623.qmail at web21509.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 08:53:39 -0700 (PDT) From: tim mage <copyrightpermissions at yahoo.com> Subject: IMMEDIATE ACTION To: ehrbar at keynes.econ.utah.edu Cc: Hans.Ehrbar at m.cc.utah.edu MIME-Version: 1.0

--0-1099680848-1022342019=:55712 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Please remove the TIME Domestic article from

http://lists.econ.utah.edu/pipermail/rad-green/2001-October/001057.html

Time Magazine October 1, 2001 Vol. 158 No. 15 Roots of rage: Why The Hate? Grievances over U.S. policy in the Middle East combined with Islamic triumphalism make a toxic mix By Lisa Beyer

This is a copyright infringement.

Please review the following:

Please send a written request for any inquiries regarding reprints to: Time Reprints and Permissions Time and Life Building - 12th Floor Rockefeller Center New York, NY 10020 Phone:(212)522-1779 Fax: (212)522-1623

To obtain a price quote for a custom reprint, please send a written request. Please include the following information on your request: -Your company/organization name. -The issue date, article title, and page number. Please indicate if the article is from a bonus section. -The quantity of reprints.(Our minimum is 1000) -How the reprint will be used. For example, trade show, etc.

We do not sell the rights or permission for others to reprint our content or resell our reprints. ***** -- Yoshie