Padilla

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 14 08:33:42 PDT 2002

>>You have yet to give a single resaon to believe that this is true. jks
>

>Because we are being attacked by fascist goons whose tactic of choice is
>killing civilians. I do not know about you, but I travel a bit and it
>feels good when, say, the pilot of a British Airways aircraft announces
>that the flight is delayed for about 20 minutes to remove "unmatched"
>luggage (something that the US carriers are yet to implement) or that
>security guards at the Schiphol airport interview every passenger boarding
>an overseas flight. I do not think that these practices make the UK or the
>Netherlands "police states."

Nor so. That's not a civil liberties infringmenr. Does it make you feel better that thousands of people are being held incommunicado for months without being charged, that lawyers are indictedfor counselling their clients, that the cops can search your house in secret without a warrant? That's police state stuff.

>There was an old saying "better red than dead." I think it has not lost
>its relevance.

So, better fascist than free?

jks