Michael Tigar

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sat Jun 15 08:35:42 PDT 2002

Well, I agree that Tigar ought to be on the S.Ct. It's not true, alas, that all we have are mediocrities. Justices Scalia and Rehnquist, Judges Posner and Kosinski, and their ilk, are very able. Unfortunately . . . . jks

You know this gets back to an old argument. How can you be brilliant, if you wrote or concurred on Bush v. Gore? I can't wait to read their wisdom on the patriot act---but it seems extremely unlikely to shine.

I mean there is something mentally deficient, collectively speaking with a government that impeaches one president over a blow job and installs the next against the majority vote of the people. Now, there maybe some very able people in such a government, but they must be pretty thinly spread.

On the Brennan rejection. I don't know the details. I haven't read any of Tigar's books, but it must show up in one of them somewhere. Last night, in a wave of nostaglia I called a couple of local book stores looking for David Goines's book on FSM, but nobody had it in stock.

Chuck Grimes