Gold buggies hit the Russia Journal

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Mon Jun 17 23:44:26 PDT 2002

Jeez. It's not your fault. Anyway, something IS going on with gold. There IS a huge derivitive position and I don't know what that really means. But just the number of private placements going on and the battles for mining rights in Chile, Venezuela, Peru, etc, seems to indicate something afoot. BTW, any idea why some USbank would endure expensive storage costs and pay Russia 2% interest(one year lease rates are now well below 1%) for 40 tonnes of gold? Belgium just announced at last weeks London Gold Association(?) conference that it will no longer lease it's gold, supposedly because the rates aren't worth the trouble. (which doesn't sound quite right either) ----- Original Message ----- From: ChrisD(RJ) <chrisd at russiajournal.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 2:21 AM Subject: RE: Gold buggies hit the Russia Journal