Alterman on Chomsky

eric dorkin eric_dorkin at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 11:05:35 PDT 2002

Noam is wrong when he says that holocaust denial does not equal anti-semitism. It does. There is no other reason for someone to deny it AFTER investigating. That is not the same thing (as Noam tries to argue) as someone denying it, a priori, because it is too preposterous. Nowhere am I saying that Noam is an anti-semite. I said Noam was too proud to admit that he should have distanced himelf from Faurisson. I too think he has the right to publish, but I can assure you that if he ever attached my comments to his book without my permission, then I would sue is sorry racist ass and then give the moeny to a charity of my choice. Noam should spend more time because his answer is insufficient because he knows better. He is a brilliant man with a command over recent history like no other person I have ever read. For him to plead ignorance of Faurisson's anti-semitism is disingenous at best or a lie at worst.

dave dorkin <ddorkin1 at yahoo.com> wrote: Which last paragraph are we talking about? Noam as a anti-Semite? Please...Brad has consistantly opted for distortions of Noam's statements in favor of implausible secret motives whereas where Larry Summers was concerned, he did back flips to reconstrue the "inappropriate" comments. Why should Noam spend any more time on this BS? Faurisson had a right to publish. Period. Noam said this and has been on record about anti-Semitism since before most on the list were able to read and write. The rest is simple propaganda. Wiesel is a real falsifier as a look at his denial of the Armenian holocaust will attest with no need for ambiguous mind reading.