The anti-imperialism of fools

Tahir Wood twood at uwc.ac.za
Wed Jun 19 01:33:17 PDT 2002

Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:14:34 -0400 From: Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> Subject: Re: FW: The anti-imperialism of fools Another point - I think that much of the support for the "Palestinian cause" in this country is a knee-jerk reaction to support the perceived "underdog" against the perceived "evil empire" without real understanding of the situation.

Tahir: Please give us that real understanding, so that we don't make the same mistake again.

We had the same phenomenon with the Dalai Lama and China - - in both cases the notion of evil empire coincides with popular prejudices (anticommunism, antisemitism, anti-government sentiments). wojtek

Tahir: Oh yeah, I forgot, popular prejudice in the West is really against the state of Israel. How could we have been so blind not to see that?