Plato's Republic

eric dorkin eric_dorkin at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 07:40:14 PDT 2002

yes but the exact form the rule of law takes will depend on the particular end of the decision maker. I will post more on this later, but Scalia's conception of the rule of law differs from Posner differs from Brennan and the differ because of their disagrteement as to hunman nature and the forms of government dervied from there

Justin Schwartz <jkschw at hotmail.com> wrote:

>So what kind of law or state is supposed to rule over the Karamazovs, or
>for
>that matter the Dorkins, the Coxs, the Browns, the Grimes', the Murrays,
>the
>Furuhashis', the Sokolowslis, the Schwartzs?

A liberal state premised on the fact of fundamental disagreement about ends, and based on the rule of law--is that so hard?

jks