Padilla

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Jun 20 12:51:48 PDT 2002

Padilla

> Should a person with a criminal record,
> known to have contacts with terrorist organizations, be released from
> custody on a technicality?

^^^^^^^^

CB: You mean the U.S. couldn't track his every move after release , and thereby find out the terrorists' plans ? Seems like release would be a good way to prevent a next terrorist attack. They could implant a tracking/listening device in his body, and he wouldn't even know it was there. What are we giving the CIA trillions of dollars for ? For that matter , they could turn him into a human bomb and just blow him up when he meets with the terrorists.