Working Class

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Jun 29 21:21:36 PDT 2002

At 10:47 AM -0700 6/29/02, Gar Lipow wrote:
>I know the idea that a class may be defined on some basis other than
>relation to the means of production is extremely counter-intuitive
>to Marxists.

The "idea that a class should be defined on some basis other than relation to the means of production" seems to me to be the commonsense perception that comes naturally, or "intuitively," to many under capitalism, especially to those who accept what the mass media say about class. Relations to the means of production are the last thing that the power elite want you to think about. -- Yoshie