News, Info, and Opinion from the Spawn of Satan (DLC-PPI)

Bradford DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Sat Mar 2 21:30:39 PST 2002

Seth Ackerman wrote:

>That wasn't an Al-Jazeera series. It was another Arabic-language satellite
>network. Al-Jazeera is a serious news outlet - though I completely
>understand the impulse to baselessly slur a news outlet whose reporting
>might make you feel uncomfortable.

You do understand the impulse? I do not.

Another thing I don't understand: I don't understand how a network that reported that Jews were told beforehand not to go to work in the World Trade Center on Sept. 11 gets classified as a "serious news outlet." What, then, could possibly be an unserious news outlet?

Brad DeLong