Utrice speaks

dlawbailey dlawbailey at netzero.net
Sun Mar 3 17:45:11 PST 2002

C. Henwood,

You reveal:

"Washington Township, 07676. Went to Westwood public schools - where James Gandolfini was born, and Oona O'Neill died."

Sure, Washington Township, of course. You continue:

"I haven't lived in Joisey in 30 years. I visit my parents there regularly, but otherwise I try to give the place a wide berth."

"Joisey" indeed, very drole. No, *I*, having moved to Seattle, give the place a wide berth. You live close enough to see the taillights of the cars going "down the shore".

From this distant vantage point let me tell you, comrade, that you and I were raised in the very cradle of civilization. Come out here and learn what barabarians Americans really are. That, and stop living a lie. You're from New Jersey. You, Edison, Sinatra, Jack Nicholson, George Clinton, Kool and the Gang. You're no New Yorker. I used to be ashamed and tell people I was from "The New York area" when asked. I know the pain you feel, but I'm free of that shame now. I'm proud to be from one of the thirteen original colonies, the crossroads of the revolution, the second wealthiest state in the union with the best damned drivers in America. The Garden State indeed.

New Jersey

Do you know that the actual music of the spheres - the background radiation from the Big Bang - was first heard in New Jersey? Think of it, the first tangible human experience of the beginning of the Universe took place in New Jersey. In ancient times they would have built a temple on the site. The state is practically a shrine to the progress of humankind.

boddi - exit 145

---------------------------------------------------- Sign Up for NetZero Platinum Today Only $9.95 per month! http://my.netzero.net/s/signup?r=platinum&refcd=PT97