Bill Clinton Defines Terrorism

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 3 22:38:52 PST 2002

>Which is again this ridiculous idea that all social advances have ground to
>a halt, an almost willful wallowing in the idea of left failure when the
>reality is a much more mixed bag. New civil rights laws have been passed
>from the 1991 general civil rights act to the American with Disabilities
>Act.

Initiatives of Bush I . . . . The list goes on in most fields-- some
>losses, some gains, a continuting struggle.

True, but can you really deny that there have been more losses than gains, and the tendency is towards even more losses, over the period since Noxon left office?

>So nostalgia for Nixon is really nostalgia for the last gasp of the golden
>years of American wage growth-driven liberalism.

Fair enough. My point is that Nixon was, however unwillingly, a liberal. Clinton and Gore were not.

jks