NJ homeboys, was Utrice speaks

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Mon Mar 4 09:39:48 PST 2002

dlawbailey wrote:

> Ravi, you do my heart good. Are you from South Plainfield by any chance?
> Jersey City? You are good people wherever you're from.

thanks! i live in middletown (not the new york one, the new jersey one, near the shore, near red bank, home of count basie and some of the kevin smith alternative style movies) right now. before that i lived in aberdeen, north brunswick, plainsboro, elizabeth, glen ridge, montclair...

i agree with you about drivers, in fact all along the west coast. seattle seems to suffer from the worst case of "left lane hogging" - must be all those microsoft employees ;-). and while its the rare volvo that cuts me off on my motorcycle on the grate bridges on 280 with no shoulder, near newark, the consistent craziness of drivers in california has come close to making me abandon my pacifist position ;-).

is it just me misperception or is seattle also pretty low on cultural diversity? my wife thinks i am paranoid, but i am pretty sure i got a lot of those "don't look now bob, but there's an arab looking guy at the table next to us. should we leave?" looks ;-).

will remember to bring some pizza from famous ray's or even a real pizza place, next time i swing by seattle!

what all this has to do with observing left business i have no clue. as usual, rather than doing the right thing by not wasting the bandwidth, i will instead apologize for doing so,

--ravi