Eastern Block filmmakers (Tarkovsky ?)

Cian O'Connor cian_oconnor at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 4 10:50:52 PST 2002

--- Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Speaking of Tarkovsky, has anyone heard that Solaris
> is being remade? Details????

It's being remade by Stephen Soderbergh, produced by James Cameron and will be starring George Clooney. It will be released in the states on 13th December.

Quote from Sodbergh: 'my whole pitch to James Cameron's company, because they owned the rights, and it was something I was interested in for awhile, and I said if we do our jobs right it’s a combination of “2001” and “Last Tango in Paris.'

Words cannot being to express the horror that I feel.