Eastern Block filmmakers (Tarkovsky ?)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 4 11:03:42 PST 2002

--- Cian O'Connor <cian_oconnor at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Quote from Sodbergh: 'my whole pitch to James
> Cameron's company, because they owned the rights,
> and
> it was something I was interested in for awhile, and
> said if we do our jobs right it?s a combination of
> ?2001? and ?Last Tango in Paris.'
>
> Words cannot being to express the horror that I
> feel.

Well, we'll see...I will definitely want to see this one. I want to throw up whenver I even think about the butchery that was done to Wender's wonderful "Wings of Desire" in its Hollywood rendition (City of Angels)....gag, barf.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx