Superceding liberal democracy

Cian O'Connor cian_oconnor at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 06:38:03 PST 2002

--- Charles Brown <CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us> wrote:

> CB: Justin , I offer as an alternative a
> Marxist-Leninist alternative which constitutes a
> more democratic society than what you propose. You
> are the one who proposes a police state, i.e. a
> liberal state which has a much longer and worse
> history of being a police state than Marxist states.
> Jefferson presided over a slaveowning , land
> grabbing liberal police state that was lasted for a
> couple of centuries, and owned slaves.

This gets stupider and stupider. There were no contemporary marxist states with Jefferson's America, so any comparison is puerile.

If you think internal conditions within the USA of the C20th was worse than the cultural revolution, Stalinist Russia, or the Khmer Rouge then you're insane.

And given that you laud on this list the role of the police in suppressing counter-revolutionary forces (such as presumably the Worker's Councils in Hungary, Soviets in Moscow, or indeed the various working class revolts against the party during the history of the USSR) - I'm not sure what point you think you're making. You're the one who's been demanding a police state - to destroy political undesirables.