power

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Mar 5 15:41:16 PST 2002

At 02:45 PM 3/5/02 -0800, joanna bujes wrote:
>At 05:13 PM 03/05/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>>wait a minute. does power as a turn on explain why a conventionally
>>unattractive woman gets all the conventionally attractive men (AKA Hotties).
>>

>>cheeeeeee-rist.
>
>No. Why should it? We're soooo on different tracks here.
>
>As for the hottie question, doesn't that relate to the virgin/whore thing?
>Men get hot for sleazy women: looks are mostly irrelevant. But why do you
>say it's the attractive men who are drawn to the hotties? This I do not get.

probably because i didn't say that!

i was annoyed with the--once again!--generalized claim: power is an aphrodisiac.

well, no, in general, men are not, to my knowledge, turned on enough by powerful women that they'd overlook whether that woman was conventionally attractive.

it's strikes me as pretty tragic that there's a wealth of literature out there that could help us deal with these topics, and yet, most of the time we're all stuck on talking about them as if we had to invent the wheel.

kelley