borderline personality

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Mar 6 13:29:50 PST 2002

At 01:07 PM 3/6/02 -0800, Alec Ramsdell wrote:
>Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> > First -- the diagnosis is a suspect one;
>
>I've heard the same, that it's a dubious
>classification. As such, it would be a case of the
>analyst gaving birth to a new illness as a way of
>treating his own anxieties of diagnosis. Also, why
>would it be endemic to the *bourgeois* ego--couldn't
>working class folk suffer from it as well.

I wish I could remember where I read the same. It was a very good debunking of BPD which effectively showed that _everyone_ is BPD in the same way that _everyone_ is an addict to AA "recruiters" (see, _Becoming An Alcoholic, Rudy) or _everyone_ is a co-dependent or enabler in Al-anon (see feminist critiques of those progs).

kelley