Schiff proposes to lower the bar...

Seth Ackerman sia at nyc.rr.com
Wed Mar 6 19:33:01 PST 2002

Nathan Newman wrote:

> I never made a big deal of international legalese in my support of Kosovo
> intervention; in fact, I have consistently stated my skepticism of the
whole
> "war crimes" legal approach to such decisions. I think Milosevic was
acting
> immorally and that on balance intervention was more moral than its
absence.

[...]

> My biggest problem with the Left approach to Israel is not opposition to
its
> murderous occupation (which is fully justified) but the lack of
even-handed
> condemnation of extreme racism by Arabs as condemnation of racism by
> Israelis.

So you also believe "even-handed condemnation" of the Serbian forces and the KLA is in order in Kosovo?

And you think US/NATO military "intervention" in Israel - which is, of course, VITALLY URGENT since PEOPLE ARE DYING and SOMETHING MUST BE DONE NOW! - would be "more moral than its absence" on the grounds that Ariel Sharon is "acting immorally"?

Seth