Schiff proposes to lower the bar...

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Wed Mar 6 19:54:32 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Seth Ackerman" <sia at nyc.rr.com>

-So you also believe "even-handed condemnation" of the Serbian forces and the -KLA is in order in Kosovo?

I don't think the KLA's actions were comparable to Milosevic's, but that is an empirical debate we've walked over many times.

>And you think US/NATO military "intervention" in Israel - which is, of
>course, VITALLY URGENT since PEOPLE ARE DYING and SOMETHING MUST BE DONE
>NOW! - would be "more moral than its absence" on the grounds that Ariel
>Sharon is "acting immorally"?

I would support military intervention to drive Israeli forces out of the occupied territories in a second. We both know it is unlikely to happen, but just the withdrawal of military support to Israel would go a long way in that regard.

-- Nathan Newman