Nietzsche

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 07:09:00 PST 2002

And I don't think he prescribed a formula for a better
> >>society that would be incompatible with a communist society.
> >
> >He'd be horrified to hear you say that . . . .
>
>What I meant was that he nowhere seems to spend much time on the kind of
>'society' he would admire, other than vague statements about the culture of
>what he calls 'the tragic age' of the Greeks or that of the Italian cities
>in the Rennaisance. Do you think he wanted to turn the clock back? I
>don't think he gave much thought to society as such.

And what thougtht he gave was hostile and negative. But with all that talk about rank and superiority, it's unlikely that he'd find communist revaluation of values attractive. He'd view it as slave morality, last-manly, nihilist in the bad sense.

jks