Schiff proposes to lower the bar...

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Mar 7 09:38:55 PST 2002

At 02:58 AM 03/07/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>But it is just disingenousness to ignore the fact that there is a large
>faction of Hamas-style Palestinians who advocate driving every Jew out of
>Israel. That there are some Jews who advocate the reverse of driving every
>Palestinian out of the occupied territories is dispicable but hardly a
>shocking revelation.
>
>My biggest problem with the Left approach to Israel is not opposition to its
>murderous occupation (which is fully justified) but the lack of even-handed
>condemnation of extreme racism by Arabs as condemnation of racism by
>Israelis.

Considering how the ruling Israeli regimes have been treating the Palestinians, why wouldn't they want them gone? Not only are there Jews who advocate driving every Palestinian out of the occupied territories -- but during the establishment of the state of Israel, 80% of the Palestinian population WAS driven out...with no right to return and no compensation. Moreover you know all this.

Charging the Palestinians with racism is absurd. There was little or no anti-Jewish feeling in the MiddleEast prior to the establishment of the Israeli state -- which was established first at the end of a British gun, and then supported by billions of dollars poured in from the U.S. The state of Israel is as independent as my eight year old daughter.

Representing Palestinian opposition to Israel as "racist" is a deep, deep lie.

Keep your blinders on if you wish and look at the situation in such a way that you can maintain your victim status -- all that is up to you. I'll just state for the record that political Zionism and the history of the Israeli state so far make me want to puke.

Joanna