U.S. Works Up Plan for Using Nuclear Arms

Greg Schofield g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au
Sun Mar 10 07:16:18 PST 2002

Needless to say I very much agree with you. --- Message Received --- From: "dlawbailey" <dlawbailey at netzero.net> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 02:34:54 -0800 Subject: RE: U.S. Works Up Plan for Using Nuclear Arms

It's a given that the thinking has always gone on. What's different is that these policy balloons are being floated when we're not at war. I don't give a shit what people say, we're obviously not at war. This "war on terror" a is completely mental (in both sense of the word) construct. George Bush is going to come and kill the monsters under your children's' beds. In reality we've just done a lot of bombing and some special forces operations - every administration does it, apparently. 9/11 changed nothing. Some other terrorist, criminal regime or nutcase was going to get lucky against the U.S. eventually. Al Qaeda just happened to hit the horror jackpot.

Yet in reaction, this administration floats ideas like first-strike suitcase nukes and that lovely trial balloon about going to war with North Korea. Two enormous armies parked a kilometer away from one another and 35,000 American soldiers in the thick of it - what kind of a nut do you have to be to even propose that? Well, now we see. Perle is Kissinger's evil, halfwit twin who does not see going to war as having negative repercussions. It is a thoroughly child-like, postwar, baby-boomer attitude. Now they're trying to turn it into official U.S. government policy - lovely.

Of course anti-nuke people (more dopey boomers) are also idiots. We were safer under a heavily-armed nuclear standoff than we are now, now that we've decided that war is consequence-free. And by the way, don't talk to me how Gore would be better. Clinton sent rockets into downtown Khartoum, murdering people for no other reason than to distract us from Monica Lewinsky, and Gore was on board. At least these maniacs in Shrubya's administration don't make any bones about being vicious whack-jobs. A Gore administration would be one long, continuous denial.

Nader would have strengthened the cockpit doors when all the Dems and Repubs cared about was adding dimes to airline profits - the aforementioned dime's worth of difference and it ain't between the big two.

Greg Schofield Perth Australia g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au _______________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Use LesTecML Mailer (http://www.lestec.com.au/) * Powerful filters. * Create you own headers. * Have email types launch scripts. * Use emails to automat your work. * Add comments on receive. * Use scripts to extract and check emails. * Use MAID to create taylor-made solutions. * LesTecML Mailer is fully controlled by REXX. * A REXX interpreter is freely available. _______________________________________________ _______________________________________________