Emanuel and Kaszak

Bradford DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 11 09:26:44 PST 2002

>fascinating. Please convey my regards and support to Ms. Kaszak.
>In fact, I may do it myself. mbs
>
>Here on the north side of Chicago, in the 5th Congressional
>district, the two wings
>of the Democratic party are having it out in the primaries. Rahm
>Emanuel, who was
>an advisor in the Clinton administration, is neck in neck with
>Nancy Kaszak, a former
>state representative and grass-roots, community organizer. . . .

My response to the name "Rahm Emanuel" is to cringe in horror and fear, but that's because he was one of the White House people who seemed most interested in winning PR victories and who cared the least about substantive policies and their impact on real people. He combines all the bad characteristics of the New Democrats with all the bad characteristics of the New Democrats.

Why do you loathe Rahm Emanuel?

Brad DeLong