steel tariffs

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Mon Mar 11 16:26:30 PST 2002

At 07:15 PM 03/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>This is an interesting question, isn't it? You begin
>to see that the bourgeoisie is not as homogenous
>as some would say. On the one hand you have the main
>tendency towards globalization; on the other hand you
>have the regressive tendency that wants protectionism.

I don't know. Business as usual, I'd say. Globalization is about other countries not being protectionist: it's about other countries respecting our patents and intellectual property. WE, on the other hand, can be as protectionist as we like ...about steel, about agricultural products, etc.

There's no contradiction, unless you believe the lies.

Joanna