EPA $, was help with a WSJ link

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Tue Mar 12 09:00:17 PST 2002

What do you suppose that $99mil to AARP was all about? Maybe that's just how they pay off the AARP's Big Cigars for towing the line somewhere else, like healthcare. (Speaking of healthcare, I was doing just that last night when I stopped at Publix after work. My favorite cashier, who has a full time day job, was telling my how they are paying a fortune for health insurance for his dad, who is a 23 yr veteran of the Navy. He has cancer and doesn't want to go to Veteran's hospitals. Apparently got the insurance when he could no longer go to Navy hospital's. Not sure when US changed that deal. The family has Champus(?) which he said pays about 25% of costs. Man, the pols must be hiding the tons of mail they must get on this issue in caves in Afganistan. The healthcare financing system is crumbling for many more kinds of people than back in '92.)

Also, what do you New Yorkers think of the Hudson river thingy. They seem to have a point about the legality but I haven't read any background. Could they muck up the river trying to clean it up?