civilized lethal injections

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Tue Mar 12 09:29:21 PST 2002

At 02:28 AM 03/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>BEIJING: China plans to increasingly use lethal injections as a "civilized"
>means of executing criminals, in a move which has received a "favourable
>response" even from those on death row, state media reported.

Ah, ha! New, improved, refined, and civilized barbarism. It's fascinating how science is perceived to trump ethics. A few hundred years ago, the guillotine was the hi-tech killing machine. Oh, so civilized!

So far as I'm concerned, I'd rather they chopped my head off, than force me into some %$*#&#*$&%*% civilized charade.

Joanna B.