AUT: Perplexing left silliness

Greg Schofield g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au
Tue Mar 12 20:48:19 PST 2002

Apologies to the list somehow I this person to person email got sent to the list.

Please forgive the stupidity.

Greg Schofield Perth Australia g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au _______________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Use LesTecML Mailer (http://www.lestec.com.au/) * Powerful filters. * Create you own headers. * Have email types launch scripts. * Use emails to automat your work. * Add comments on receive. * Use scripts to extract and check emails. * Use MAID to create taylor-made solutions. * LesTecML Mailer is fully controlled by REXX. * A REXX interpreter is freely available. _______________________________________________ _______________________________________________

--- Message Received --- From: "Greg Schofield" <g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:24:50 +0800 Subject: Re: AUT: Perplexing left silliness

Scott, not much happening but I am far from the center of Perth political life (I tend to only ever hear of things after they are over).

After decades of direct involvement in rank and file political work I have been frustrated with the lefts ability to destroy nearly everything it touches so I have withdrawn from direct involvement and instead have concentrated on working out ways to change things for the better by sidestepping the current organisations.

In about a month I hope to release some documents on using electronic communication more effectively for grass-roots organisation, hence the reason I have been visiting so many lists over the past year (getting a feel for the limitations and possiblities). This has been something of a long term project which goes back to using computers in the 1980's to set up organisations in Sydney's western suburbs.

We met with some real success but in the end were completely scuttled by the machinations of the inner city organised left. At which point I vowed never to let same thing happen again - something I have completely failed to do as the next decade of activity was to prove. Now some long awaited technical improvements make some of early plans appear much more practical and hence my presence on some of these lists.

I am very optimistic about the future, if a few things can be cleared up (both theoretically but more so practically). So please don't read me as a jaundiced old communist (I may be but I hate to think I am).

Scott are you in Australia as well? I only ask because of your question below, I mam affraid I have become very out of touch with current left politics (I miss the comradeship but not the silliness which Sydney at least had in spades).

The thing is I really don't know much about Perth as I have only been here a couple of years after a stint in Darwin.

Please keep in contact if you could. I believe there may be exciting possiblities on the horizon.

Cheers Greg

Greg Schofield Perth Australia g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au _______________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Use LesTecML Mailer (http://www.lestec.com.au/) * Powerful filters. * Create you own headers. * Have email types launch scripts. * Use emails to automat your work. * Add comments on receive. * Use scripts to extract and check emails. * Use MAID to create taylor-made solutions. * LesTecML Mailer is fully controlled by REXX. * A REXX interpreter is freely available. _______________________________________________ _______________________________________________

--- Message Received --- From: "Peter K." <peterk at enteract.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:53:56 -0600 Subject: Re: Ace on The Jews

mbs:
>At the risk of piling on, let me just advise the untutored
>that the expression "The Jews"* doing ANYTHING is prima facie
>anti-semitic. It is impossible for "the Jews" to do anything,
>besides be jewish. If every last media magnate was jewish, it
>would still not follow that "the Jews" controlled the media.
>Jews are not a corporation.

Yes, I thought that last paragraph of Cockburn's was odd. Like how it was odd for that Polish-American group leader to falsely say Rahm Emanuel was an Israeli citizen and had been in the Israeli army.

I caught Hitchens on a morning CSPAN call-in show not too long ago and he was talking about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict when a caller asked about "the Jews" and the media in a subtle, sinister way and Hitchens did a great job of making the point you're making.

You would think Cockburn would know better. Maybe he's just seeing what sort of a reaction he'd get, for whatever reason. Even that would be strange.

Peter