So long Saddam

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Wed Mar 13 07:19:00 PST 2002

Paula,

I've been pretty articulate about why Saddam was suckered into attacking Kuwait and why Bush II is saber-rattling against Iraq now. Nice to know nobody gives a fuck and most on this thread prefer to talk total nonsense instead. Not meaning you personally, because your speculation actually contains a grain of truth. You guys seem to think Shiites are a minority living in the Basra swamps, right? Wrong. Shiites are 60% of Iraq, my friends. The rest are Sunnite Kurds, Sunnite Arabs, and Sunnite Turkmen. What's more, the Iraqi Shiites are pro-Iran and I don't mean Khatami. Seeing as how Iran has been "axised" by Shrubya, they are giving the rattling US sabres a big fat finger, as are the Kurds. The Arabs know Saddam is the ethnical leader who made them top dogs despite their minority position. So they're less than enchanted at the prospect of his being removed. IOW unlike Papa Bush who managed to con the Iraqi Shiites and Kurds to take up arms and get smashed, dunce brat Shrubya threw away any chance of enlisting popular support right from the start. So the extremely hpothetical toppling of Saddam will produce what the US has been trying to avoid for the last decade with its double containment policy: The Shiite Iraqis will seize power and create an Islamic state allied with Iranian hardliner mollas.

Just picture this: The US army enters Baghdad leaving in its wake a mass of bloody "collateral damage" and DU radiation and plunks a Karzai clone in Saddam's seat. 6 months later, the Iraqi Karzai's body is swinging in the courtyard as a black-turbaned mollah watches approvingly from the defunct's former office window. 1 year later, the US army enters Baghdad leaving in its wake a mass of bloody "collateral damage" and DU radiation... and Paula's speculation becomes reality, as Iranians mass at the border to defeat the great Satan who murdered their brothers or become martyrs trying. I leave it to you to imagine how the rest of the Arabs will be inspired by all this.

Anyway, would someone explain to me how the US is going to air drop 40-50 armored divisions into Iraq since no bordering Arab govt can allow a land-based US invasion and hope to survive? Y'all seriously think the US invasion force can just land at Doha and roll on into Iraq? That means Shrubya has to invade Kuwait first, bec there's no other way.

This is why I keep telling you guys, it ain't gonna happen. The point of it all is not to start an impossible war, it's to rattle sabres at Iraq and make the Arabs so mad that they all start burning US flags. That way, Israel will be the only state that the US can do business with in the ME, and Sharon will have the US not only on a leash, but in irons.

Hakki