Ace on The Jews

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 13 10:31:49 PST 2002

C. G. Estabrook wrote:

>On what can be said and not said in the US, and the political motives
>behind it, Cockburn seems to me to have it right, and his critics
>obfuscating that.

Oh really? I haven't noticed much reticence on this list about criticizing Israel or U.S. support for Israel or the U.S. media's often disgraceful reporting on the Middle East. This isn't the Dissent editorial board, after all. The minute anyone starts going on about The Jews, though, alarms should be sounded. I've never heard Noam Chomsky talk like that, have you?

Doug