EPA $, was help with a WSJ link

Jlcranford at aol.com Jlcranford at aol.com
Wed Mar 13 18:44:53 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/13/2002 8:22:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, SergioL652 at aol.com writes:

> I actually work in EPA. I am not sure about the AARP, but we have a program
>
> called SEEP, Senior Environmental Employee Program. It is contracted out
> somebody, I am not sure who, who pays the salaries of retired environmental
>
> professionals like chemists, geologists, engineers, who are very
> experienced
> and already drawing a pension so will work for very little money. EPA gets
>
> experience people that don't count as employees, and the employees get to
> do
> interesting work for peanuts.

Yes, that's one type of program for older workers (through an organization named something like the National Older Workers' Council). The other type is for the administrative work far less valued by federal staff through the AARP program -- I'd be surprised if your office didn't have a couple doing word processing, filing, copying, etc. for you.