Vegans kill animals too

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Thu Mar 14 10:10:04 PST 2002

Thomas Seay wrote:

> I am not unsympathetic to the moral concerns of
> vegetarians/vegans. However, if you pursue the line
> of reasoning far enough, you have to ask about the
> morality of killing plants. <...>

indeed! (the argument, i believe, is this: yes, you cannot have absolute measures, but you can nonetheless build an ethical scale, based exactly on such things as pain/nervous system, least harm, etc. perhaps we can eat fruit because we are not subverting the "supposed" biological purpose of it...).

> Anyway, ALL life is sacred and not just animal life.

and why stop at life? what is the real difference between johnson and the rock that he kicks to demonstrate a futile point? we wouldnt kick johnson to demonstrate a point, though perhaps we should! ;-)

> What a hypocrite I am!

welcome to the club, sir!

--ravi, over the limit for the day :-(