Vegans kill animals too

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Mar 14 12:33:34 PST 2002

At 02:13 PM 3/14/02 -0600, Kendall Clark wrote:

>Bah! It seems abundantly clear that the Nazi eugenic genocide had
>*nothing* to do with the physical health of *individuals* as a kind of
>moral good. Killing individuals for "polluting the race" isn't even
>remotely related to whether physical health is some kind of moral good
>or whether its absence is some kind of moral harm.
>
>And, by the way, I think mentioning the Nazis is rather a cheap
>shot. :>

i think he's referring to Lifton's thesis: the nazi doctors had a thang for making the national body healthy by cutting out the cancerous jew.

when we start talking healthy society, etc. this kind of analysis isn't a cheap shot, at all.

i'd urge you to read Ehrenreich and English's _For Her Own Good_ for starters.

kelley