Vegans kill animals too

BARTELBYVQF at cs.com BARTELBYVQF at cs.com
Thu Mar 14 15:38:02 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/14/02 12:47:19 PM, gadfly at exitleft.org writes:

<< >
> and, because like me, she probably finds it exceedingly annoying that
> the lifestyle left tends to have a snide attitude about ordinary workers
> who are holed up in the incestuous backwaters of the cultural tundra.

who is this "lifestyle left"? are they only to be found in berkeley? recently i met someone who is a "liberal" but was annoyed at young kids who were hanging around street corners doing drugs and not getting jobs, since "there are so many jobs out there". is that an example of the "lifestyle left"? are they worse than the "intellectual left" to be found in new york city and boston (the folks who tend to philosophize about rap music because of the cachet of slumming)? ;-) or how about the "psychic/spiritual left" waiting for the next fancy sanskrit term that they can put a spin on? they seem to be all over the country! ;-)

--ravi

How many birds have to be saved for the rest to organize? Or minks, chincillas etc.?

Some friends and I used to kid that we would print up a petition for folks pledging to eat cheesburgers 3 meals a day until the Animal Liberation Front busted Mumia Abu Jamal out of jail. Obviously they have some of the necessary skills.

Unlike the lab animals they save imprisoned humans are unlikely to take a bite out of their liberators or attack and devour each other as is often the case with ALF actions. Isn't a right a reciprocal arrangement? and dosent that go to the core of a stategic decision that it makes more sense to liberate humans first? mcapri