Walzer on the Left

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Fri Mar 15 15:07:48 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Munson" <chuck at tao.ca>
> The anti-capitalist and ant-globalization movements are also a
good
> indicator of how much things have changed. Seattle was just a
fluke. It
> had been building for years. And the ruling class had become so
smug and
> triumphant that they had dropped the ball on the basic things
they needed
> to do to fight back against the unwashed masses.
>
> << Chuck0 >>

================= You're right; Seattle was a fluke cobbled together by a bunch of flat earth society members who'd rather read People magazine and Harry Potter. We read no history out here, nor have we ever organized to stop timber sales, run union picket lines, held conferences to call attention to international sex-slave trafficking or toxic waste or the potential problems of genetic engineering and intellectual property rights. We just thought we'd get together and call Michael Moore a big bald headed meany so the anarchists could do the *real* work of breaking a bunch of window so that stupid liberals would tell them to stop so they could then feel all righteous and shit.

Ian