EU planning sweet revenge

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Sat Mar 16 06:42:37 PST 2002

>Just kidding. The capital invested on both sides of the puddle is unlikely
>to go schizo and beat itself up. I'm looking forward to a good ROTFL,
>though, when global capital puts its foot down and repug chauvinism beats a
>hasty retreat.
>
>Hakki

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/16/international/16ONEI.html

March 16, 2002 Treasury Official Is Said to Fault Steel Tariff Move By JOSEPH KAHN and RICHARD W. STEVENSON WASHINGTON, March 15 — Treasury Secretary Paul H. O'Neill told a foreign policy group this week that he disagreed with the Bush administration's decision earlier this month to impose tariffs on imported steel and that the move would cost more jobs in the United States than it would save, people who heard him speak said today.

In off-the-record comments after a dinner speech at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York on Wednesday, Mr. O'Neill said he was sticking to his long-held position that imposing tariffs risked the nation's interests as the world's leader in promoting free trade, they said. [clip]

Hakki, from where did you learn that the Mossad visits (most? every? I forget how you put it) and threatens prominent Jewish Americans? I'm highly skeptical and I wouldn't be surprised if you're just asserting it without any evidence.

Peter