Subject: Re: Regressions and Advances (Was: Re: Walzer on the Left)

Gar Lipow lipowg at sprintmail.com
Sat Mar 16 13:52:38 PST 2002

Any link between porn and violence seems tenous (to say the least).

But all this aside, if porn does lead to violence and dehuminization of women, then your average TV commercial, or high toned pro-war movies (say Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down) has got to promote it more. I suspect any study that shows an increase in male aggression after watching certain types of porno, would show the same after watching violent movies or commercials. To deal with that through censorship would require on heck of a state apparatus - one I hope the most hardline Marxist of us would not want to see run by our current capitalist class.