Carlyle Group Banks with Evil

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Mon Mar 18 06:15:25 PST 2002

In follow up to earlier thread 'Afghanistan and Cheney's Halliburton, Bush's Carlyle Group '

If I might revive this thread for a bit.

Earlier I wrote, in part, that Carlyle Group put some of the money from its global energy fund (25-30 million of over 200 million USD) into a rather small Norwegian drilling company with high hopes for ship-based deep water drilling in the Caspian. This investment links CG directly with the drive to get Caspian oil and gas out.

However, I now find out, after considerable digging, that CG owns Groupe Genoyer, which provides piping, flanges and fittings to the oil and gas industry worldwide. It would be a major supplier to the consortium going after Caspian oil and gas, and it would be a major supplier to any pipelines going from there to S. Asia. Seriously, if you don't believe me, check out their exhibit: http://www.exhibition.azeri.com/gas_oil/html/groupe.html

GROUPE GENOYER Address: 9/11 3 erne rue Zl, BP 61, Vitrolles, F-13742, France Phone: [33] (4) 4279 4000; Fax: [33] (4)4279 4079 Contact: Mme. Muriel Chevillard

It's also interesting to note how CG's Genoyer has made claims for payments against Iraq stemming from the invasion of Kuwait and the Persian Gulf War (as has Halliburton). This includes claims on an account in the Rafidain Bank in Iraq with a balance of 8,424,477 Iraqi dinars!

This UN doc. sure made for interesting reading:

http://www.unog.ch/uncc/reports/r99-13.pdf

Charles Jannuzi