al-Qaeda and Taliban

Kirsten Neilsen kirsten at Infothecary.ORG
Mon Mar 18 08:27:11 PST 2002

Peter K. wrote:

>> I would like to learn about the people who want to kill me, an
American
>> infidel, which is why I bought the paper

I thought the article's most interesting point was neither omission of discussion of casualties nor provision of information about people who want to kill Peter, but rather:

The documents show that the training camps, which the Bush administration has described as factories churning out terrorists, were instead focused largely on creating an army to support the Taliban, which was waging a long ground war against the Northern Alliance.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/17/international/asia/17DOCU.html

(PS: neither I nor the NYT is claiming that no American infidel hating Al Qaeda terrorists were trained in the camps).