Brock

Heer, Jeet (National Post) JHeer at nationalpost.com
Mon Mar 18 17:59:41 PST 2002

Well, Podhoretz has definately re-written his past in his various autobiographies (George Packer had a good essay on this in Dissent a few years back in a review of Ex-Friends) and Horowitz has similiar tendencies. But I would say that Whittacker Chambers, for all his portentiousness and verbal inflation, spoke the truth and was an honest monster.

I'm not sure I'd believe what three out of these four said. Maybe Radosh. --mbs