angry bird dicks (was Re: Dicks n' Dough)

Angry and Spiteful too! budge at el-pleasant.org
Mon Mar 18 21:24:56 PST 2002

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002 at 2:41am Matt Cramer wrote:

> Ah, it seems you've done some homework. But it is still
> a cheap shot. And I don't see much respect in demanding
> that list archives be managed in a way that appeals to
> your particular notion of online privacy.

You miss the point entirely (but that is not your fault, you weren't there), but there was a long discusion of public archiving on a list that was in some ways in an ancestor of this list. Doug was there for that conversation. I joined this list in response to an invitation posted to that (by then) moribund list. There was nothing in the note I got upon subscribing that indicated this was to be a publicaly archived list. In fact, for many years there were no archives at all. I don't object to the archives, I object to the slutty distribution of them. I'd have worn a condom.

Oh, and it is now Monday, and i see the 'polls' have closed sometime over the weekend while i was not reading. Cute, but i don't care. I know what the rules are now, and i didn't actually think i could change them. Ain't my list, nor is it my server, or bandwidth the thing runs off of. What I am bitching about is that the rules were changed, retroactively, without any notice, never mind a vote.

A vote at this point means nothing to me, because my posts have already been distributed far beyond where i sent them, without my permission.

Barn door, horse, gone.

-- no Onan

Undefeated, everybody goes home