It's official: No military action against Iraq (beyond the usual perpetual bombing)

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 21 11:57:46 PST 2002

>>Sandbagging alert!! I for one recall all the awed descriptions
>>of the Iraqi military by the Pentagon, before they went in and
>>cleaned their clock.
>
>Yup, and the left bought the sandbags in quantity. This time we're
>hearing "Iraq is not Afghanistan," which is unarguably true, but that
>doesn't mean that the Pentagon couldn't make hamburger of them. I
>wish the U.S. military were as ineffective as some antiwarriors like
>to claim.

ALl true, but anyone who thinks the war in Afghanistan is over isn't looking. Where are those alleged 800 dead a-Q/T fighters from Operation Anaconda? I believe the confirmed deaths are aboyt 12, to eight US, which, if appriximately accurate, means that the a-Q/T forces won a decisive, indeed a stunning victory against overwhelming odds. Remember, the last army to defeat the Afghans was Alexander the Great's, and they allowed open gays in the military.

jks